Almost a year ago Apple realised that the company has been neglecting its pro consumers and hence confirmed that there is a new Apple Mac Pro on its way. However, it seems that the wait is long as the company won’t launch the new Mac Pro till 2019. Tom Boger, senior director of Mac Hardware Product Marketing, told TechCrunch that Apple wants to be transparent with its pro customers and want them to know that though the Mac Pro is coming, it will be a 2019 product. Apple basically wants the potential buyers of the Mac Pro to know exactly where the machine stands in the product pipeline. Boger said, “We know that there’s a lot of customers today that are making purchase decisions on the iMac Pro and whether or not they should wait for the Mac Pro”.
It is reported that Apple has created a Pro Workflow Team. This dedicated team works closely with the hardware and software teams and is working on to deliver a Mac Pro which would meet the expectations of the target audience. To better this approach, the company is also talking to creators, software developers, graphic designers, animators, video editors and other major industries which use Apple software or hardware. With this, the company is trying to understand the workflow of its audience and trying to incorporate tweaks to match the workflow of its users. It is a noble idea, although this is taking some time.
Amidst this, Pro Apple customers have the option of the iMac Pro, which though powerful is still not user upgradable. Adding to that, Apple only sells the standard 8-core variant of the machine in India, whereas US-based customers have the option to configure their iMac Pros further to 18 core Xeon processor if required. The standard machine is sold in India for Rs. 4,15,000 MRP.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card