Just a few days ago, AMD announced its new gaming focused Vega line-up of GPUs, which will be going on sale starting tomorrow. However, earlier today, leaks of the aggregate performance benchmarks were found on Reddit suggesting that the upcoming AMD RX Vega 56 and 64 would be faster than the GTX 1070 FE and GTX 1080 FE respectively. The leaked slide does not give a specific name of which synthetic benchmarks or games were run to get these results. However, it does give us a glipmse of what to expect in terms of performance from the two GPUs
In the leaked chart, the RX Vega 56 and 64 are being compared against the likes of AMD’s R9 Fury, Fury X, GTX 980 Ti, GTX 1070 FE and GTX 1080 FE. However, at the same time the GTX 1080 Ti is also put into the mix and the RX Vega 64 does come out considerably slower than the GTX 1080 Ti. That being said, we know that AMD also has a water cooled variant of the RX Vega 64, performance of which is still under the shroud.
While one should take these results with a pinch of salt, but if these results are true, then AMD RX Vega 64 and 56 will be offer more value for money at their respective prices of $499 (Rs 32,000 approx) and $399 (Rs 25,600 approx). These prices are considerably lesser than their NVIDIA counterparts, which like Intel may force NVIDIA to lower prices in the coming days.
To recall, the AMD RX Vega 64 and 56 come with 4096 and 3585 stream processors respectively. The RX Vega 64 has a base clock speed of 1247MHz and the RX 56 controls a base clock speed of 1156MHz. The boost clock on both GPUs is roughly 300MHz more and both use 2048-bit memory bus. This is due to the fact that both use 8GB HBM2 memory interface and have a transistor count of 12.5 billion each.
There is no news regarding the date of launch and prices of the two GPUs in India, but if the Threadripper prices were an indication, AMD will price the GPU aggressively as well.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card