The red team has finally opened its cards and we now have the details and the US pricing of the AMD Vega GPUs. AMD announced two gaming-focused Vega GPUs, namely the RX Vega 64 and the RX Vega 56. There is a water cooled version of the AMD RX Vega 64 as well, which has the same number of stream processors as the air cooled one, but punches a higher clock speed. All three cards are offered with 8GB of HBM2 VRAM, but the clock speed differ on the RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 variants. The company has also claimed that the new RX Vega 64 will offer more consistent and better framerates than the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.
|AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid||AMD Radeon RX Vega 64||AMD Radeon RX Vega 56||AMD Radeon R9 Fury X||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Where to buy 299999|
|Memory Bus Width||2048-bit||2048-bit||2048-bit||4096-bit||256-bit|
|Architecture||GCN 5||GCN 5||GCN 5||GCN 3||Pascal|
|GPU||Vega 10||Vega 10||Vega 10||Fiji||GeForce GTX|
Going over the specifications, it is easy to see that AMD has made improvements while going to a 14nm architecture, especially on the clock speeds compared to older AMD GPUs. AMD has done that by cramming in 12.5B transistors in all three GPUs. The new 8GB HBM2 memory interface also brings a significant speed bump. However, the power consumption of the top of the line Vega GPU has also gone up compared to the previous flagship AMD GPUs and is almost double of what a GTX 1080 requires.
AMD claims that the top of the line liquid cooled AMD RX Vega 64 has a compute power of 13.7 teraflops. The air-cooled variant of the same card is at 12.66 teraflops and the RX Vega 56 stands at 10.5 teraflops. AMD has priced the liquid cooled RX Vega 64 at $699 (Rs 44,850 approx). The air cooled variant of the GPU is priced at $499 (Rs 32,000 approx) and one can have the metal shroud variant of the Vega 64 at $599 (Rs 38,450 approx). Similarly, the RX 56 is also available in two versions, one with a metal shroud and other with a plastic one, priced at $499 (Rs 32,000 approx) and $399 (Rs 25,600 approx) respectively. There is no internal difference between the metal and plastic shroud versions of the respective GPUs.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card