When using a DSLR camera, the reading and writing speeds of your flash card as well as its durability are of utmost important. The new CompactFlash (CF) card from Transcend seeks to address these issues.
The Extreme Plus 600x CF cards use ultra DMA 6 (UDMA), the fastest speed available for flash cards, to deliver transfer speeds of up to 92MB/s read and 87MB/s write. This ability to instantly store extremely high-resolution image data makes consecutive shooting and non-stop video recording easier than ever.
To assure robust, long-life durability and guaranteed performance, Transcend’s 600X CF cards are manufactured using only the most advanced Flash controllers and premium quality NAND Flash memory chips. In addition, each card contains built-in ECC (Error Correction Code) that automatically detects and corrects errors during data transfer, and also utilizes a sophisticated wear-leveling algorithm for consistent long-life operation. For further peace of mind, all Transcend CF cards are comprehensively tested for compatibility, speed and reliability.
Summing up the features:
• Ultra-fast 600X performance with four-channel support
• Manufactured with brand-name MLC NAND Flash chips
• Conforms to CF Type I standards
• Data transfer rate: 87MB/s write, 92MB/s read
• Supports Ultra DMA mode 0-6
• Support high-end DSLR
• CompactFlash 4.0 compliant
• Built-in hardware ECC technology for detecting and correcting errors
• ATA interface
• Low power consumption
• Multi-platform compatibility
• RoHS compliant
Available with a 2-year warranty, the 8GB CompactFlash card retails at Rs 8,000, while the 16GB card will set you back by Rs 16,000.