Netgear has launched a new line of Gigabit Ethernet switches in India. The GS308P is priced at Rs. 8,990, GS316 is priced at Rs. 5,800, and GS324 is priced at Rs. 7,000. The three switches comes with Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) support and have a metal enclosure. All three devices come with a three year warranty. The switches also support energy saving technologies to help save power.
Read the press release below
NETGEAR, a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, proudly announced the launch of a new line of Gigabit Ethernet switches in 300 series -GS308P, GS316 & GS324 in the Indian Market.
The NETGEAR 300 series Ethernet Unmanaged Switches delivers affordable and efficient network connectivity to small offices and medium offices. They are easy to use, reliable, and rugged with metal enclosures. Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) support is also available for supplying both power and data across a single CAT-5 Ethernet cable to devices such as IP security cameras, VOIP phones, wireless access points, etc. With these Plug-N-Play switches, one can swiftly expand the network connections for multiple devices, with no configuration required. Available with 8 ports to 24 ports, these switches also support energy saving technologies to help save power and money.
Key Features of SOHO Ethernet unmanaged Switches
- Choice of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Ideal for small office and home networks
- Plug-and-play; no setup required
- Durable and rugged metal case
- Energy-efficient technology for power savings
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) option available for powering IP Security Cameras, VOIP phones, wireless access points, and other PD-powered devices
- LED indicators for ease of use
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed
- 802.1p QoS for traffic/frame prioritization
- Desktop or wall-mountable; GS324 is also rack-mountable (rack-mount kit included)
“NETGEAR is committed to cater to SMB businesses and resellers with solutions that are purpose-built for SMB environments. NETGEAR 300 Series Gigabit Ethernet Switches is equipped with power saving technology for energy efficiency which makes it ideal for small and medium office networks, said Subhodeep Bhattacharya, Regional Director, India & SAARC, NETGEAR.”
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR 300 series Gigabit Ethernet switches are reasonably priced as: GS308P- INR8990 /- , GS316- INR 5800/- &GS324-INR 7000/- are readily available through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and partners. These 3 models are backed by a three years exclusive warranty period.