Xiaomi is all set to launch their Redmi 5 and the Redmi 5 Plus smartphones in China on December 7. Ahead of the official launch, Donovan Sung, Xiaomi’s global spokesperson has given a sneak preview of the upcoming smartphones by posting its photos on Twitter. The images confirm that the smartphones will come with reduced bezels and an 18:9 display.
The images also reveal that both the smartphones will sport a rear mounted fingerprint sensor and will skip on hardware capacitive buttons on the front to accommodate the taller display. The Redmi 5Where to buy 328 389 399 was previously spotted on the TENAA website, which revealed some of the smartphone's hardware specifications.
Is everyone ready for the all-new Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus? We're launching these two new devices in China on Thursday Dec 7. Giving everyone a sneak preview! #Xiaomipic.twitter.com/ESbaejpTJV — Donovan Sung (@donovansung) December 4, 2017
As per the TENNA listing, The Redmi 5 could be powered by a 1.8GHz Octa-core processor which is speculated to be the Snapdragon 450 SoC. It will comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and could be backed by a 3200mAh battery.
The Redmi 5Where to buy 328 389 399 listing also reveals that the device might launch in three configurations of 2GB RAM/16GB ROM, 3GB RAM/32GB ROM and 4GB RAM/64GB ROM. The smartphone is expected to support expandable internal storage of up to 128GB via a microSD card.
The Redmi 5 Plus, on the other hand, is rumoured to be powered by a Snapdragon 625 SoC. It was also rumoured to sport a dual camera setup with dual-LED flash. However, the smartphone’s official images debunk the dual camera rumour and reveal that the it will come with a single rear camera setup.
Further, the Redmi 5 Plus is expected to be backed by a 4000mAh battery and could be launched with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.
Both the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus are expected to launch in Black, Rose Gold, Gold, White, Blue, Red, Pink, Gray and Silver colours.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures