Xiaomi is all set to launch a new budget phone, expectedly the Redmi 5, in India on Wednesday at 3PM. The smartphone has been teased by the company as a ‘Compact Powerhouse’ with a bigger yet compact display, better battery life, a slim design and with a front-facing camera. Like the Mi LED Smart TV 4A launch, the company will be live streaming the event via its website and other social media channels like Facebook and YouTube.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5Where to buy 328 389 399 is expected to be in the price segment above the Redmi 5AWhere to buy 1099 8200 (review) and below the Redmi Note 5Where to buy 289 299 299 (review). The smartphone was launched in three variants in China and costs CNY 799 (Rs 8,200 approx) for the 2GB RAM/16GB ROM model, CNY 899 (Rs 9,300 approx) for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage option, and CNY 1,099 (Rs 11,300 approx) for the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM variant.
The Redmi 5 features a metal unibody design with a taller 18:9 display aspect ratio. It comes with a thin-bezel design and features a 5.7-inch HD+ screen with a resolution of 1440x720 pixels and is powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC. On the rear, the device comes with a 12MP rear camera, which sports a 1.25-micron pixel sensor. on the front is a 5MP sensor which the company says is capable of capturing “enhanced” portrait shots with the Beautify 3.0 feature.
The smartphone is powered by a 3300mAh battery and comes with a rear placed fingerprint sensor. It runs on MIUI 9 on top of Android 7.1 Nougat. Coming to connectivity options, it supports WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi, and comes with a micro-USB port for charging.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures