Xiaomi has launched its latest smartphones, the Redmi 5 and the Redmi 5 Plus in China. We already knew that the smartphones will sport an 18:9 display ratio with a bezel-less design. The company claims the new display provides a more immersive media and gaming experience. Other highlights of the smartphones include a metal unibody and a soft-toned selfie light. Both the smartphone will go on sale in China from December 12 but there is no word on an India launch yet.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5Where to buy 328 389 399 has been launched in 2GB and 3GB RAM variants, while the bigger Redmi 5 Plus comes in 3GB and 4GB memory configurations. The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is priced at CNY 799 (Rs 7,800 approx) for the 2GB RAM/ 16GB ROM model whereas its 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage variant is priced at CNY 899 (Rs 8,800 approx). The 3GB RAM/ 32GB ROM variant of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will cost CNY 999 (Rs 9,700 approx), while its 4GB RAM/ 64GB ROM model’s price is CNY 1,299 (Rs 12,700 approx).
Both the Xiaomi Redmi 5Where to buy 328 389 399 and Redmi 5 Plus are dual SIM smartphones and sport an 18:9 display with HD+ resolution of 720x1440p. The Redmi 5 features a 5.7-inch display and is powered by a Snapdragon 450 Platform whereas the Redmi 5 Plus comes with a 5.99-inch display and runs on a Snapdragon 625 SoC.
In terms of camera, both the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus sport a 12MP main camera with a 1.25-micron pixel sensor and feature a 5MP front facing camera with a soft-toned selfie flash. The phones boast of improved portrait shots with the pre-loaded Beautify 3.0 app. The internal storage can also be expanded on both the smartphones via a microSD card. The Redmi 5Where to buy 328 389 399 is backed by a 3300mAh battery, while the Redmi 5 Plus is powered by a 4000mAh battery. Both the smartphones run on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures