Xiaomi has launched its latest smartphones, the Redmi 5 and the Redmi 5 Plus in China. We already knew that the smartphones will sport an 18:9 display ratio with a bezel-less design. The company claims the new display provides a more immersive media and gaming experience. Other highlights of the smartphones include a metal unibody and a soft-toned selfie light. Both the smartphone will go on sale in China from December 12 but there is no word on an India launch yet.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 has been launched in 2GB and 3GB RAM variants, while the bigger Redmi 5 Plus comes in 3GB and 4GB memory configurations. The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is priced at CNY 799 (Rs 7,800 approx) for the 2GB RAM/ 16GB ROM model whereas its 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage variant is priced at CNY 899 (Rs 8,800 approx). The 3GB RAM/ 32GB ROM variant of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will cost CNY 999 (Rs 9,700 approx), while its 4GB RAM/ 64GB ROM model’s price is CNY 1,299 (Rs 12,700 approx).
Both the Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus are dual SIM smartphones and sport an 18:9 display with HD+ resolution of 720x1440p. The Redmi 5 features a 5.7-inch display and is powered by a Snapdragon 450 Platform whereas the Redmi 5 Plus comes with a 5.99-inch display and runs on a Snapdragon 625 SoC.
In terms of camera, both the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus sport a 12MP main camera with a 1.25-micron pixel sensor and feature a 5MP front facing camera with a soft-toned selfie flash. The phones boast of improved portrait shots with the pre-loaded Beautify 3.0 app. The internal storage can also be expanded on both the smartphones via a microSD card. The Redmi 5 is backed by a 3300mAh battery, while the Redmi 5 Plus is powered by a 4000mAh battery. Both the smartphones run on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures