Last month, Xiaomi launched its new Redmi Note 5 (Review) and Note 5 Pro (Review) smartphones in India and the company is already working on launching a new smartphone. Towards the end of the Mi LED Smart TV 4A live stream, there was a short teaser for a smartphone that the company plans to unveil on March 14. Speculation suggests that it could be the Xiaomi Redmi 5, which is missing from the company’s Indian smartphone lineup for the year. It has also posted an image on Instagram teasing a “Compact Powerhouse” of a smartphone. Xiaomi says in the post, “It’s slim, sleek and slick. It’s also a powerhouse that fulfils your needs. Revealing the new #CompactPowerhouse in just a few days.”
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 was launched in China last month. It comes with a metal unibody design and is equipped with a soft-toned selfie light. The device features a thin-bezel design and sports a 5.7-inch HD+ screen with a 1440x720p resolution and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset.
The smartphone is equipped with a 12MP rear camera sporting a 1.25-micron pixel sensor and on the front is a 5MP sensor coupled with Beautify 3.0 feature for “enhanced” portrait shots. In terms of connectivity, the device supports Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi, and a micro-USB port for charging. The device is backed by a 3300mAh battery, comes with a fingerprint scanner at the back.. It runs on MIUI 9n which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
It was launched in three variants in China and its 2GB RAM/16GB ROM variant and 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage models cost CNY 799 (Rs 7,800 approx) and CNY 899 (Rs 8,800 approx) respectively. There is also an upgraded 4GB RAM variant of the smartphone, which is priced at CNY 1,099 (Rs 11,200 approx). The device is expected to cost less in India, given that the Redmi Note 5Where to buy 289 299 299 starts at Rs 9,999.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures