Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun has confirmed that the successor to the Mi Mix smartphone will be unveiled in a few months. Back in February, Jun confirmed that the company was working on the Mi Mix 2, and that he had met up with the designer of the first device, Phillipe Starck.
Details about the Mi Mix 2 are still not known, but rumours suggest that the company is aiming for screen to body ratio of 93 percent. By comparison, the original Mi Mix offered a screen to body ratio of 91.3 percent. Reports have also suggested that the upcoming device may come with a curved AMOLED display. The new phone will most likely be powered by Qualcomm’s flagship platform, the Snapdragon 835.
To recall, Xiaomi Mi Mix was launched in October last year and offered a 6.4-inch display, but in a reasonably compact form factor thanks to the bezel-less design. The standard version of the device was powered by a 4GB RAM and offered 128GB storage. The phone was amongst the first to offer a bezel-less design. However, since then, other manufacturers have launched bezel-less smartphones, most noteable being Samsung and LG. Even Apple is tipped to join the party with the iPhone 8.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures