Xiaomi lived up to its promise after all. The company promised an upgrade to the latest Android by the end of the year for the Mi A1 (review) and per an announcement by the company on its Mi Community, the update is indeed rolling out to users in batches.
The update began to be pushed out from December 31st through OTA. The update adds the December security patch alongside all the features of Android Oreo including picture-in-picture, notification control and more.
The update is over 1GB (1107.4MB). To check for it, head over to Settings-Software Updates-Check for updates. Note that you have to be on the Android 7.12.19 (Android N) first to updrage.
As for the new features, users will get an all new notification management settings that will allow users to snooze notifications to see later, notification dots, adaptive icons, picture-in-picture for apps like Google Maps and VLC, new emojis and some tweaks under the surface to make streamline performance.
The phone being under the Android One program will receive two more version updates, as promised by Google and Xiaomi.
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures