Xiaomi is inviting Mi A1 users to beta test the Android Oreo v8.0 update before it is ready to be rolled out globally. The announcement was made on the official MIUI forum that invites beta testers to sign up for the program by filling out an application form. This can be accessed by installing the MIUI Global Forum app on their device. During the launch of the Xiaomi Mi A1, the company announced that the Android One device would receive the Android Oreo update by the end of the year. The phone was launched with Android Nougat v7.1.2
In order to be eligible, applicants need to submit their IMEI numbers, which will allow developers to send the OTA update to the device. User’s can check their IMEI number by dialing *#06# on the phone’s dialer. The company notes that the IMEI numbers will not be revealed publicly. Those who are selected will receive a message, letting them know of the same. The deadline for applying is December 11, 9:29PM (IST).
To recall, the mi a1Where to buy 13999 is the first smartphone by Xiaomi to come with stock Android instead of the company’s own MIUI. As for specifications, the device sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 platform with 4GB of RAM. At the back of the phone is a dual-rear camera setup consisting of two 12MP sensors. One of the sensors offers a wide-angle lens, while the other offers 2x optical zoom. At the front of the device is a 5MP camera. The smartphone is equipped with a 3080mAh battery and offers 64GB of storage. The phone was launched at Rs 14,999.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures