The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is surely a popular device. The phone keeps going out of stock every time there is a flash sale. However, to accommodate the higher demand, Xiaomi announced it is ramping up the import of PCBAs in India, due to which, there will be a increase of Rs 1,000 to cover the costs.
Xiaomi recently opened a PCBA manufacturing facility in collaboration with Foxconn in India, but Vice President Manu Kumar Jain said that the facility would only ramp up by 100% in the third quarter of 2018. As a result, with the recent increase in import duties for PCBAs and the the depreciation of the rupee by around 5 percent since the start of 2018 has led to the price of the smartphone to be hiked.
The Redmi Note 5 ProWhere to buy 289 299 699 4GB+64GB by Rs 1,000 toXiaomi hikes price of Redmi Note 5 Pro by Rs 1,000, Mi TV 4 by Rs 5,00Rs 14,999 starting Tuesday, May 1, 2018 on mi.com, Mi Home Stores, Flipkart and other offline retail stores.
The Redmi Note 5 ProWhere to buy 289 299 699, however, is not the only Xiaomi product to receive a price hike. The price of the 55-inch Mi LED TV 4 (review) have also been hiked by Rs 5,000 citing additional import duties and rupee depreciation. The TV will now be priced at Rs 44,999 starting Tuesday, May 1, 2018 across Mi.com, Mi Home and Flipkart.
Mi fans! In order to ramp up supply for #RedmiNote5Pro & #MiTV4 (55), we're marginally increasing the prices. This is because of the recent changes in PCBA import taxes & INR depreciation.
This will help us bring more units to all of you!
Read more: https://t.co/T6aykphV0qpic.twitter.com/3NrgS4sxFd — Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) April 30, 2018
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures