Xiaomi is all set to unveil its first gaming smartphone today and it has only teased it once in a poster. By the looks of it, Blackshark will be a gaming-centric smartphone, which is expected to rival the Razer phone. However, just ahead of the launch, a short three-second video has been posted on Weibo which reveals the handset’s design. If the video is to be believed, the Xiaomi Blackshark features rounded corners at the front, as opposed to the rectangular design of the Razer phone, and features a screen size of about 6-inches with an 18:9 display aspect ratio. There is also a home button upfront, which could possibly double up as a fingerprint sensor.
The video also shows horizontally placed dual rear cameras on the smartphone, along with an LED flash and a glowing, green coloured Blackshark logo. This is similar to how the Razer phone is branded, but it’s logo doesn’t glow, which was a big let down for the company’s fans who are accustomed to RGB lighting on their devices. There seems to be a custom case on the Blackshark smartphone, but a momentary glimpse is not enough to be certain. The volume rockers and the power keys are placed along the right edge of the smartphone.
No other specs of the smartphone were outed in the video, but it was previously spotted on AnTuTu. As per the report, it could be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC and feature a 6-inch display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The listing suggests that it could sport 32GB of internal storage, which seems to be unlikely considering that it’s a smartphone aimed at gamers. Another report tipped that it will actually feature 256GB ROM and could be powered by a 3400mAh battery. It is also speculated to feature a 120Hz refresh rate, same as the Razer Phone.
Speaking of the Razer Phone, the gaming smartphone was announced in November last year. It features a 5.72-inch Quad HD IGZO LCD display, which incorporates the company’s own UltraMotion adaptive refresh technology and runs on 120Hz refresh rate. The UltraMotion display syncs the display and GPU to avoid image tearing or lags. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 SoC and comes with 8GB of RAM. It sports 64GB ROM, which can be further expanded up to 2TB via a microSD card.
In the camera department, the Razer Phone features a 12MP+13MP dual-rear camera setup with the former being f/1.8 wide angle lens and the latter is a f/2.6 telephoto lens. On the front, it comes with an 8MP sensor with a f/2.0 aperture. The handset runs on a near-stock Android 7.0 Nougat and is powered by a 4000mAh battery, which supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+ technology. You can read more about the device here
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures