Vivo showcased its concept Apex smartphone at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress 2018. The smartphone features a truly thin-bezel design with a 98 percent screen-to-body ratio and a pop-up selfie camera which rests inside the body when not in use. The Vivo Apex was announced as a concept phone, however, the company has made it official in China and could commence its mass production by Q3 this year, as per a report by ITHome. There is no word on the pricing of the device, but the company has reportedly confirmed that it will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC.
The Vivo Apex comes with what the company calls the "half-screen" fingerprint scanner which rests under the display, but it functions on one-third of the display. It is also a thin-bezel smartphone with the bottom bezel being 4.3mm thick and 1.8mm bezels at all other sides around the display. The Vivo Apex features a 5.99-inch OLED display with COF technology and the ambient and proximity sensors are tucked under the display along with the earpiece.
The company has also introduced the Screen SoundCasting Technology with the smartphone. It sends vibrations through the display for producing sound and according to the company, it consumers less power, reduces sound leakage, and optimizes low to high pitch sound. The Apex smartphone features an 8MP ‘Elevating’ front facing Camera which pops up from the top edge of the device in 0.8 seconds, says the company. Vivo has not revealed whether the Apex phone makes use of the same in-display fingerprint sensor made by Synaptics technology as the one seen on the Vivo X20 Plus UD.
Speaking of the Vivo X20 Plus UD, it is the first smartphone to feature an under-display fingerprint sensor. It’s already launched in China and is priced at CNY 2,798 (Rs 28,683 approx). The dual-SIM smartphone features a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with full HD+ resolution and runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM.
It is equipped with a dual rear camera setup with a 12MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 aperture and a 5MP secondary sensor. On the front, it comes with a 12MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture. It sports 128GB of expandable storage, comes with a micro-USB port and features a 3.5mm headphones jack. The smartphone is backed by a 3900mAh battery and weighs 183.1 grams while being 7.35mm thin.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures