A latest listing of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus on an Ukrainian retailer's website seems to have given us a clue on how expensive the new, coveted flagship may turn out to be. Spotted by Sammobile, the listing reveals that the two variants of the Samsung Galaxy S8 will each get three colour options - black, gold and orchid grey. As for the price, the standard Galaxy S8 is said to be priced at $950 (approx. Rs. 64,000), while the Galaxy S8 Plus breaks the $1,000 ceiling to be priced at $1,050 (approx. Rs. 70,500). Apple, after all, may not be the only one to price a flagship phone incredibly high this year.
Samsung may not launch the Galaxy S8Where to buy 800 5590 at MWC 2017, but according to a report by local Korean media, Samsung’s DJ Koh will announce the launch date of the device at MWC 2017. The upcoming flagship from Samsung is likely to be unveiled at a Separate event on March 29 and then go on sale from April 21. Samsung is rumored to launch two variants of the phone, one with a 5.8-inch display and the other with a 6.2-inch display.
From the leaked images and renders of the device we have seen so far, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is likely to have a curved glass display on both variants. We can expect both phones to feature an sAMOLED display with a resolution of 1440p AKA 2K resolution. It was also reported that the phone might skip the physical home cum fingerprint scanner and may have an odd aspect ratio of 18:5:9 similar to the 2:1 Univisium aspect ratio we might see on the LG G6.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is also rumored to be the first device to launch with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 SoC. While we can assume that Samsung might launch the phone with its Exynos based SoC in some regions, it is still unclear which variant will be launched in India. Although to recap, Samsung hasn't launched a Qualcomm powered flagship in the last two years in India. The S8 is tipped to feature at least 4GB of RAM with 64GB of storage and more storage options can be expected.
In the camera department, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is likely to feature the same 12MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture and dual pixel autofocus, introduced back with the S7 and S7 Edge. The front facing camera is suggested to be an 8MP snapper. Going by the leaks, the fingerprint scanner is also moved to rear besides the rear camera. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is reported to feature a 3000mAh battery and the S8+ will be powered by a 3500mAh battery.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures