Samsung is all set to unveil its 2018 flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S9 and the S9 Plus during the MWC 2018. There have only been speculations and rumours of how much the devices will cost. However, a TechRadar report claims that the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will cost 100 Pounds more than its predecessors, citing an insider source. Evan Blass has also tweeted press renders of the smartphone in Lilac Purple variant ahead of the event, revealing the design and reaffirms the rumours that only the Galaxy S9 PlusWhere to buy 64900 will feature dual rear cameras.
The smartphones are expected to be priced 100 Pounds (Rs 8,000 approx) higher than their predecessors. According to the report, the Galaxy S9 could be priced around 789 Pounds (Rs 70,450 approx). "You can expect the S9 to cost £100 more than the Galaxy S8Where to buy 37990 299 680 when it was released last year," said TechRadar’s source. "The truth is that last year's massively inflated smartphone prices on handsets like the S8, Note 8 and iPhone X have shown that there are plenty of people out there willing to pay these higher prices."
The Galaxy S9 /S9 Plus are rumoured to launch in Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue variants and the new leaked press renders suggest that it will also come in Lilac Purple color model. There are fewer changes to the smartphones in terms of design, compared with their predecessors, however, the rear placed fingerprint scanner has been repositioned beneath the camera and as mentioned above, only the Galaxy S9 plusWhere to buy 64900 seems to sport dual cameras at the back.
As per a previous report, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will be backed by 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh batteries, similar to the Galaxy S8Where to buy 37990 299 680 and S8+ respectively. The smartphones are also expected to come with variable aperture technology, which was first used on Samsung’s China exclusive flip phone, the W2018. There are also rumours that the smartphone could support video recording at 1000fps.
In terms of specifications, the Galaxy S9Where to buy 57900 and S9 PlusWhere to buy 64900 could feature the same 18.5:9 aspect ratio displays with a 5.65-inch and a 6.1-inch display respectively. The devices are expected to be powered by the Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC and will most likely run on Android 8.0 Oreo. CAD renders of the smartphones reveal a thin-bezel design and a rear placed fingerprint sensor. You can read more about the smartphones here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures