Samsung is all set to unveil its 2018 flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, ahead of MWC 2018 on February 25. There have been many leaks and rumours of the smartphones and after leaking the Lilac Purple colour model of the Galaxy smartphones, Evan Blass has now showcased the Coral Blue variant of the Galaxy S9 Plus.
Both the Galaxy S9 and the S9 Plus are speculated to come in Titanium Gray and Midnight Black colours, and if the new leaks are to be believed, in Lilac Purple and Coral Blue as well. Some recent leaks suggest that the smartphones will not differ much from their predecessors in terms of design. However, they could feature a couple of changes such as the fingerprint scanner being moved beneath the camera module. It's also rumoured that out of the two smartphones, only the Galaxy S9 plus will feature a dual rear camera setup.
In terms of specifications, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will reportedly sport 5.65-inch and 6.1-inch screens respectively with an 18.5:9 display aspect ratio. They could be powered by the Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC in the US and China, and will be running on the company’s own Exynos 9810 SoC in other regions. The devices will most likely be launched running on Android 8.0 Oreo and a previous CAD render of the smartphones reveal a thin-bezel design.
According to a previous report, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus could support the variable aperture technology, which first debuted on Samsung’s China exclusive flip phone, the W2018. It is speculated that the smartphone might support video recording at 1000fps and another report tips that they will be backed by 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh batteries, similar to the Galaxy S8 and S8+ respectively. A recent insider report also claimed that the smartphones can be priced 100 Pounds (Rs 8,000 approx) higher than their predecessors. As per the report, the Galaxy S9 could easily break the $499 barrier and cost around 789 Pounds (Rs 70,450 approx). You can read more about it here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures