Reliance Jio has announced that its 4G feature phone will now be available for purchase via MobiKwik. As per a PTI report, MobiKwik has become the first platform, apart from the company's own website, where the mobile phone can be purchased. It should be noted that after booking the device, it is not delivered to the customer and one needs to visit a store for picking it up.
In order to book the JioPhone on MobiKwik, one needs to click on the Recharge option on the apps' homepage. The device will be listed under the 'Phone Booking' option, under 'Recharge and Bill Payments'. After entering the necessary details, a review detailing the transaction amount along with the registered mobile number is displayed and the buyer can proceed to pay for the device. After successful payment, Jio will send a confirmation SMS to them and they will also receive another text of the store details, from where they can pick up the JioPhone. It should be noted that the device will be handed over to the customer after identity verification.
Reliance Jio announced the JioPhone in July last year and the company recently commenced its second round of prebookings. The smart 4G feature phone is priced at Rs 1,500 and is effectively free as the amount paid while purchasing it will be refunded to the buyers on returning the device after three years. The device runs on KiaOS, which is a forked version of Firefox OS and currently supports apps such as JioTV, JioMusic and more. The company has said that it is working on bringing support for popular apps like Facebook and Whatsapp to the feature phone.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures