In line with its commitment to make in India, Xiaomi will manufacture its two new offerings - the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5Where to buy 289 299 299 and Note 5 Pro - at its two manufacturing units in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh.
"Like our other products, these devices will be 100 per cent manufactured in India. Majority of these two devices will be manufactured at two of our units housed in Sri City. We will have more to share on the overall manufacturing front for the country soon," Xiaomi India Managing Director and Global Vice President Manoj Kumar Jain told IANS.
The company manufactures over 95 per cent of its smartphones (sold in India) at its plants in Sri City.
"We are geared up to take 'Make in India' to the next level by setting up more manufacturing units for other categories (of products) too," Jain added, on the sidelines of the launch event here.
The company, in partnership with the domestic manufacturing firm Hipad Technology, recently announced its third manufacturing plant in the country based out of Noida, which is its first facility for power banks.
"Among the top 10 smartphones in India in 2017, six were Xiaomi phones. We have 57 per cent market share online and nearly 11 per cent share offline in the country. The challenge is now to defend the online territory and ramp up our offline presence for a strong year-long growth period," Jain noted.
Xiaomi on Wednesday launched two devices - Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro.
The Redmi Note 5 is a successor to the highly-acclaimed Redmi Note 4 and will cost Rs 9,999 for the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant, and Rs 11,999 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB variant.
Redmi Note 5 Pro will cost Rs 13,999 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB variant and Rs 16,999 for the 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM option.
Both the devices will go on sale on Flipkart and Mi.com on February 22.
Xiaomi also launched a smart LED TV called "Mi TV 4" (55-inch) with 4K panel along with HDR10 for Rs 39,999 in the country.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures