Razer, the company known for gaming laptops and peripherals is set to announce its first smartphone on November 1. The company CEO and Co-Founder, Min-Liang Tan had told CBNC last month that it is working on a smartphone that will be aimed particularly at gaming and entertainment enthusiasts. Now the company has officially teased the announcement for November 1.
Razer's ambitions to build its own smartphones were evident immediately after the company announced its acquisition of Nextbit, the maker of cloud-based smartphones in January. In August, Razer ceased technical support for Nextbit's Robin smartphone permanently, further indicating the push towards its own branded smartphone.
"And I can say that we are coming up with a mobile device specifically geared toward gamers and entertainment. We're hoping to have it come by the end of the year, so that's something we're working on," Min-Liang Tan, CEO and co-founder of Razer told CNBC.
Razer is also planning to list itself on the stock market at a valuation of between $3 billion and $5 billion. Tan added that major part of the new fundraising will be used for its research and development work. While there are multiple smartphones in the market capable of supporting games with high-end graphics, there is not a device specifically meant for smartphone gaming.
It is not immediately clear what device Razer is working on and whether it will also be based on the Android operating system. But the company with its brand prowess can definitely deliver a smartphone that brings a truly mobile gaming experience.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures