Gaming equipment maker Razer is reportedly working on a smartphone aimed at hardcore gamers. According to a report by Bloomberg, Razer is trying for an initial public offering in Hong Kong to the tune of $5 billion. This will give Razer enough capital to work on the smartphone aimed at gamers. Razer’s IPO will be amongst the largest “tech debuts” in Hong Kong’s financial market, the report says.
Bloomberg’s report doesn’t elaborate on what Razer’s smartphone is exactly going to be like. That said, with many smartphone OEMs touting “console quality” gaming on phones, this may be the right time for the gaming firm to enter the market. Razer’s gaming equipment range from gaming mice to laptops, aimed specifically at gamers and the company has had some success selling these products.
While we do not no the technical details of Razer’s phone, a device aimed at gamers should be powered by a top-end chipset. Although Razer does sell gaming laptops today, its legacy lies in accessories for gamers. So, we expect the company to device similar accessories for its smartphone as well, perhaps ranging from controllers to screen extenders. Of course, we’re only speculating at this point, but with smartphone gaming on the rise, Razer may be making a really good move here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures