Qualcomm announced the Snapdragon 845 at the Snapdragon Tech Summit which will be its next flagship chipset, succeeding the Snapdragon 835 and will be featuring in high-end flagship Android phones in 2018.
The Snapdragon 845, like last year's 835, is made on a 10nm process but will likely feature its latest X20 LTE modem which brings gigabit connectivity on networks that support it. Qualcomm didn't say much about the chipset during the keynote. But it did tease improved security and 360-degree UHD video. Using the gigabit modem, users can stream a 3GB HD movie in just 3 minutes, Qualcomm announced.
Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun was on stage to announce a Snapdragon 845 powered flagship phone in 2018. More flagship smartphones will launch with the latest chipset. However, the new breed of "Always Connected" Windows PCs could also be powered by the Snapdragon 845.
The full unveiling of the processor will happen tomorrow, December 6.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures