Bad news for owners of the Oneplus 2 as it seems like their device may not be updated to Android Nougat after all. In an interview with Android Authority, the company said that the phone will not be receiving the update. When asked for the reason for such a move, the company stated, “when we built the OnePlus 2 we didn’t have the software infrastructure team in place we do now.” The company also said that its “customer service has been telling customers this for a little while.” This news should finally put an end the speculations about the device getting the Nougat update. However, the company has released the update for the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T.
To recall, the phone was launched back in 2015 and came with Android Lollipop. The device was updated to Marshmallow last year, with the promise of being updated to Android Nougat. However, it seems like the company is now backing away from the promise.
OnePlus is also scheduled to launch its new flagship smartphone, the OnePlus 5 on June 20, with the Indian launch being held on June 22. The device is confirmed to be powered by Qualcomm’s flagship platform, the Snapdragon 835 and sports a dual-rear camera setup. The phone is speculated to be available in two variants, one with 6GB RAM and the other with 8GB RAM.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures