Nokia announced its comeback in India with the launch of the 3310 feature phone last month. and now the company has confirmed that it will be launching its much awaited Android smartphones in India on June 13. The three phones - Nokia 3Where to buy 9311, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 are likely to be aimed at the budget and mid-range market considering the specifications they offer. NPU reports that the prices of the three phones could be close to their Malaysian pricing. So, The Nokia 3 could be priced at Rs. 9,000, Nokia 5 is likely to be priced Rs. 12,000, while the Nokia 6 might be priced around Rs. 15,000.
To recall, the Nokia 3, 5 and 6 smartphones are all made by HMD Global, which currently owns the license to make Nokia phones for the next 10 years. As for the phones, the Nokia 3Where to buy 9311 is a compact 5-inch device powered by a MediaTek 6737 SoC, 2GB RAM and featuring an 8MP camera at the back. The build is polycarbonate and it looks quite simialr to the Lumia 540.
The Nokia 5 and Nokia 6Where to buy 15000 feature metal builds and are powered by a Qualcomm's Snapdragon 430 platform. While the Nokia 5 has a 5.2-inch 720p display, the Nokia 6 will feature a 5.5-inch 1080p display. RAM and storage configurations are also different as the Nokia 5 offers 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, whereas the Nokia 6 may feature up to 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. The rear cameras are also different with 13MP and 16MP respectively, but both use an 8MP camera at the front.
The highlight about the phones is that all three devices will be running on a near stock version of Android 7.0 Nougat. Nokia has also confirmed that all three devices and even its future Android-powered devices will be updated to the latest version of Android O, when its available.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures