As the Mobile World Congress 2018 approaches, multiple Nokia leaks and rumours are surfacing online. Add to that, HMD Global's Chief Product Officer, Juho Sarvikas recently tweeted that the company is planning something “ awesome” for the upcoming international event touted to be the biggest mobile tech showcase in the world.
Now, a new report by vtechgraphy suggests that Nokia might be planning to unveil a flagship device with a penta-lens setup at the back. The report cites a Foxconn employee leaking information about the said Nokia device and says that the company might start mass producing the smartphone by mid-2018.
As per the report, Nokia’s penta-lens setup will see the smartphone bearing seven circular cutouts at the back, five of which will house camera lenses and two will house LED flash lights. The five cameras are said to be enclosed together at the back of the smartphone in a shape that resembles a circular shower head, similar to the Lumia 1020.
The report goes on to say that the Nokia smartphone with a penta lens setup will go into mass production by mid-2018, but will be unveiled in the first half of the year. However, there is no confirmation of the said Nokia smartphone showing up at MWC 2018. It could be speculated that this is what Sarvikas was referring to when he asked people to expect something “awesome” from HMD’s showcase at the event scheduled for Februrary 25.
More cameras on a smartphone will be a trend to watch out for this year. As far as Nokia's rumoured smartphone is concerned, one can expect the device to utilise its penta cam setup to allow shooting 360-degree videos as well as provide for some cool Augmented Reality features.
Apart from leaking details about the Nokia phone with five cameras, the Foxconn employee also said that HMD Global is working to launch a special Blue colour variants with Gold embellishments, of the second generation Nokia 6 or the Nokia 6 (2018) in Asia-Pacific. The same is also expected to be showcased at MWC 2018.
HMD Global is largely expected to announce the Nokia 9 flagship smartphone, alongside the Nokia 8 (2018) at MWC. The device is tipped to feature a 5.5-inch AMOLED QHD display. It is also expected to sport a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and offer 6GB of RAM. In terms of space, the device may be available in 64GB and 128GB variants. Other features that the phone may offer include IP67 water and dust resistance, and possibly the removal of the 3.5 audio jack.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures