After acquiring rights to the Nokia brand name last year, HDM Global has finally launched the first Android-powered smartphone bearing Nokia’s name. Called the Nokia 6, the phone is launched in China and is priced at CNY 1699, which is approximately Rs. 16,700. The company notes that it plans to launch more phones in the first half of 2017.
The Nokia 6 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC with 4GB of RAM. The device will offer 64GB of storage, Dolby Atmos audio and will run Android Nougat. At the back of the device is a 16MP camera, while at the front is an 8MP camera.
Nokia phones are known for their build quality and it seems like HMD has done its bit to ensure this holds true with the nokia 6Where to buy 10602 12625 12999. The device features an aluminium build and the company says that it takes 55 minutes to machine the device from a block of aluminium. It then receives two separate anodising processes, which take over 10 hours to complete and each phone is polished at least five times.
Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global stated, “We have set ourselves a mission to deliver the best possible smartphone experience, with a beautiful premium design touch, to everyone, at every price point. By building on true Nokia phone hallmarks of leading design and materials, an obsessive focus on the latest technology and solving real-life issues, we believe we have a unique proposition for consumers. The nokia 6Where to buy 10602 12625 12999 marks the first step on our journey, with more to come in 2017.”
The device will be available in China via JD.com in early 2017, and it is not yet known if and when the phone will be launched in India.
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures