Following the leak last month that suggested that Moto’s next G-series smartphones would feature 18:9 displays, a new leak lends more credence to the report. Dutch website, mobielkopen.net has posted screenshots of HTML5 benchmark tests, which suggest the same. As per the screenshots, all three phones have a screen aspect ratio of 18:9. Most likely all three phones will offer an FHD+ resolution of 2160 x 1080. Besides this, the screen shots also suggest the model names of the three phones - Moto G6, Moto G6 Plus and Moto G6 Play.
The report notes that the XT1922-1 might be the Moto G6 Play, while the Xt1644-1 and the XT1824-1 might be the other two devices. Further, the alleged Moto G6, Moto G6 Plus and Moto G6 Play are shown running Android Oreo, which was expected. However, what is not expected is the chipsets shown running all three devices. The Moto G6 Play is tipped to run the Snapdragon 430 SoC, while the latter two are shown to be powered by the Snapdragon 425 SoC. It should be noted that the Moto G5 and G5s are powered by the Snapdragon 430 SoC, while the Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5s Plus are powered by the Snapdragon 625 SoC. It is not yet known when the company will unveil its new smartphones.
Moto is expected to launch its current flagship smartphone, the Z2 Force, in India tomorrow. The phone comes with the company’s ShatterShield display that is guaranteed not to shatter under duress. Further, since it is a part of the Z-series of devices, the phone is compatible with the company’s Moto Mods modular attachments. The phone sports a 5.5-inch QHD POLED panel and is powered by a Snapdragon 835 SoC. At the back is a dual-rear camera setup with two 12MP cameras, while at the front is an 8MP unit.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures