Intel Security today announced that its McAfee Mobile Security software will be pre-installed in the Samsung smartphones running the Tizen open-source operating system.
Intel points out its recent study that the manipulation of legitimate mobile apps and services has played a key role in the expansion of mobile malware, highlighting the need for security options to detect threats across multiple operating systems.
One of the most common behaviours of mobile malware included collecting and sending device data to build a profile of the owner’s behaviour. Another threat associated with device hijacking makes the mobile device into a bot and installs other, even more malicious malware.
The latest version of McAfee Mobile Security for Android, iOS and Tizen devices is promised to help consumers to run instant privacy and security scans, as well as allowing users to easily remove the apps that may pose the most significant risks.
“With mobile malware samples up, we firmly believe that security should be seamlessly integrated into telecommunications,” said Sean Duca, Chief Technology Officer Asia Pacific, McAfee, part of Intel Security. “By including our software on new operating systems like Tizen, security is developed in parallel with the ever-expanding technology landscape.”
Also read: Hands On: Samsung Z1 (Tizen)
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures