Lenovo has announced the launch of the K8 and K8 Plus budget smartphones with stock Android in India. Lenovo says it has sold nearly 3.1 million units of the K5, K5 Plus and K6 Power and the new K8 series will serve as the successor to these models. Lenovo K8 will be an offline-centric handset, while the K8 Plus will be available exclusively from Flipkart.
Like the K8 Note announced last month, the Lenovo K8 and k8 plusWhere to buy 10999 also run stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat and will be getting Android 8.0 Oreo update in the coming months. The K8 Plus is the premium of the two with a larger display and a dual rear camera setup. The K8 Plus features an aluminium unibody design and sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display. Powering the device is a MediaTek Helio P25 chipset clocked at 2.5GHz coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB expandable storage.
The handset features dual rear cameras with one 13MP primary sensor and another 5MP secondary sensor. The secondary sensor can be used for capturing pictures with shallow depth of field or blur the background after a picture is clicked using the depth mode. The smartphone also sports an 8MP selfie camera with 84-degree wide angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, dedicated flash, pro mode and beautify mode. The k8 plusWhere to buy 10999 also offers a dedicated music key, which can be programmed to launch a different application. It also supports TheaterMax for cinematic experience and supports Dolby Atmos audio. The K8 Plus is backed by a 4000mAh battery, which the company claims can last for two full days of normal use.
Lenovo K8, on the other hand, gets a smaller 5.2-inch HD display and is powered by MediaTek Helio P25 chipset clocked at 2.3GHz. The handset features a single 13MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera with dedicated flash. The K8 also houses a 4000mAh battery and will soon become available from leading retail stores. lenovo k8 plusWhere to buy 10999 will go on sale tomorrow at 12 noon exclusively from Flipkart. The handset is priced at Rs 10,999 and Flipkart is offering buyback guarantee of Rs 5,000. The smartphone will only be available in black and gold colour options.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures