After about a week following its global unveiling, Samsung has unveiled its new flagship devices - Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, in India. However, the company also unveiled a number of India-centric features and offers that buyers in the country can avail. These include carrier aggregation, Samsung rewards, exchange offers, and telco-specific plans.
Samsung has announced that the phones would offer carrier aggregation technology with Airtel and Jio. This technology aims to offer faster speeds by combining the different carriers in the LTE bands to offer higher data speeds. For example, the 15MHz and 20MHz bands could be combined in order to provide faster data speeds. During the launch, the company announced that carrier aggregation technology will allow Jio and Airtel subscribers to enjoy 2.5 times faster LTE speeds on the Galaxy S9 and S9+ that can go up to 250Mbps.
The company also announced the Samsung Rewards scheme, which is aimed at incentivising users towards the company’s Samsung Pay service. Anytime users pay for something using Samsung Pay, they will earn reward points, these points can then be accumulated and used to redeem things like movie tickets, vouchers and more. The company also noted that it would make more announcements regarding Samsung rewards in the future.
Samsung is also offering cashback offers of Rs 6000 for those who purchases the Galaxy S9 or S9+ using the Paytm Mall QR code in the Samsung Shop online store or their offline stores. Or, buyers can also get a cashback of Rs 6,000 when they buy their new Galaxy flagship phones using HDFC credit of debit cards. On top of this, the company is offering an additional Rs 6000 on top of the exchange value of their old Samsung device.
Samsung has also partnered with Airtel, Jio and Vodafone to offer specialised plans with the purchase of the Galaxy S9, S9+. Users can purchase the devices from the Airtel store at a downpayment of Rs 9,900, and a monthly postpaid tariff of Rs 2,499 for 24 months. This would offer users 2TB of data along with other benefits. Users can also avail a ‘Double Data’ offer on the operators infinity postplaid plans.
On Jio, users can get a special annual plan of Rs 4,999 and get 1TB of data along with for the next 12 months. They are also entitled to a complementary Jio Prime Membership as part of this offer. On Vodafone, buyers will get free subscription of Netflix for a year on Vodafone 999 Red plan. Further, prepaid users who recharge with Rs 199 get unlimited voice and 1.4GB data per day, along with and additional 10GB free data every month for their next 10 recharges.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures