If you have been facing unusual crashes after updating to the latest iOS 11.1.2 update, Apple has a fix on the way in the latest iOS 11.2 update. Apart from addressing this issue, Apple is also adding some new features along with some improvements on all devices running on iOS 11.
The iOS 11.2 update is now live and rolling out customer globally. The biggest change Indian customers can make use of is faster wireless charging, as now phones above iPhone 8 support Qi charging at 7.5-watts. This should charge the phone quickly and will help users do a quick top-up even faster. Theoretically, it should be even faster than the 5W wall socket charger.
In the US, iOS 11.2 brings Apple Pay Cash feature to all supported phones. This is a new peer-to-peer payment service Apple came up with recently. It works via imessages.
There are also some subtle changes to the UI of the iPhone X. iOS 11.2 adds a small bar underneath the status icons on the right side, which adds some differentiation and will remind you that the notification centre can be pulled out from the right. The Apple iPhone X also gets three new live wallpapers. The new update also patches the date bug that was causing phones to crash.
Apart from these feature updates, Apple has also made other improvement and bug fixes with the new iOS 11.2. These include -
- Improvements have been made to video camera stabilization.
- There is now added support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Healthkit now adds support to count downhill snow sports distance as a data type.
- Podcasts will now advance to the next episode from the same show automatically.
- Fixed some issues with Mail, mail notifications and exchange accounts.
- Fixed and addressed some Lock Screen and Home Screen issues.
- Addressed issues with the calculator, messages, Find my phone and keyboard and in the settings menu.
- VoiceOver for announcing messages have been improved, so is its stability.