Apple may start producing the IPhone 6s Plus in India to lower the price of the model. Per a report by The Economic Times, the company may start manufacturing the phone in its Wistron factory in Bengaluru in two weeks.
The decision to manufacture the phone in India could be an effort to bring down the prices. The iPhone 6s PlusWhere to buy 35490 is now more than three years old. Apple is taking advantage of the government’s Make In India scheme to negate the 15-20 percent hike in tariffs on smartphones imposed this year.
According to the report, manufacturing the model locally could bring down the prices by 5-7 percent, if all the iPhone 6S PlusWhere to buy 35490 models sold in India are made locally. If the prices do drop that low, the three-year old iPhone could be priced similar to OnePlus devices.
The iPhone 6S PlusWhere to buy 35490, along with the iPhone SE continue to be popular in India as it now costs less than most flagship phones like the iPhone X or the iPhone 8 and provides almost the same features including a 5.5-inch Retina display, 12-megapixel camera and 4K video recording. The phone is also available in Rose Gold, a colour which Apple has since discontinued.
Yet another way to bring down the cost is for Apple to make the parts and packaging in the country as well. In the Union Budget this year, the goverment imposed a 10 percent customs duty on import of camera modules, circuitboards, and other components. These are part of policies to boost local smartphone manufacturing in India.
If true, the iPhone 6S PlusWhere to buy 35490 will be the second iPhone to be assembled in India, after the iPhone SE. The report states Apple could add more models for local production in the coming months.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures