Xiaomi is expected to showcase its upcoming lineup of devices during MWC 2018, but the performance benchmarks of the alleged Mi Mix 2s have already leaked online. First spotted by GSMArena, a screenshot of the AnTuTu tests reveals the smartphone’s codename, “Polaris”, and that it scored 270,461.
The report notes that the tests were run on a newer version of AnTuTu and thus are not comparable with previous versions. It notes that the Kirin 970 processor, which powers the Huawei Mate 10 Pro scores around 218,000 on the newer version. Also, it should be noted that benchmarks can easily be spoofed.
It was earlier expected that Xiaomi may launch its flagship smartphone, the Mi 7 at MWC 2018. However, newer reporst suggest that this won’t be the case as the company wants to avoid their launch event clashing with Samsung, who will be unveiling its flagship Galaxy S9 and S9+ smartphones. A separate report suggests that Xiaomi will instead launch the Mi Mix 2s and the Surge S2 chipset instead.
The Mi Mix 2S will is tipped to be the successor to the Mi Mix 2. The smartphone is expected to retain the same design as the Mi Mix 2, but may feature even thinner bezels. A previously leaked render of the device revealed that it could come with a small notch on the top right corner, which might house the front-facing camera. In terms of pricing, the Mi Mix 2s is rumoured to go on sale in China in March this year at CNY 4,000 (Rs 40,200 approx).
Xiaomi could also unveil its next-generation Surge S2 chipset at MWC 2018 in February. It is speculated to be a mid-range octa-core chipset manufactured using TSMC’s 16nm fabrication process and will reportedly come with four high-performance ARM Cortex A73 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and four efficiency ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. You can read more about the upcoming processor here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures