Zephyrus, the world’s slimmest Gaming Laptop powered by a 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 (Kaby Lake) processor and the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics was announced by ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today at Computex 2017. The gaming ultrabook features the Windows 10 Creators Update, which has the all-new Windows Game Mode, and makes it easier to perform native game-streaming with Beam, Microsoft’s streaming service.
The 15.6-inch Zephyrus goes for a profile that is ultraslim, while incorporating the ROG-exclusive Active Aerodynamic System (AAS) for cooling. Along with customizable ASUS Aura RGB lighting effects and a super-fast 120Hz panel with wide-view technology, it also has a 100 percent sRGB colour gamut and NVIDIA G-SYNC™ for breathtaking gaming visuals.
Performance and features
Slim and powerful gaming laptops are what every laptop manufacturer has their eyes on, for that is what the modern gamer needs. ROG is no different, and with the Zephyrus has a blade-inspired design, resulting in a sleek profile that comes down to just 16.9mm at its thinnest point. Powered by the 7th Generation Intel Core I7 processor and the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, the configuration assures great performance - which can compete with laptops and PCs with much larger builds.
ROG-exclusive design and cooling system
Active Aerodynamic System (AAS), an ROG exclusive, is included in the Zephyrus. AAS incorporates unique AeroAccelerator (AA) technology that increases the speed and efficiency of airflow through the laptop. The fan’s 3D-curved surface cover and accelerator guides enhance airflow and move heat away from the components more efficiently. When Zephyrus is opened, a portion of the bottom of the chassis flexes to increase the airflow volume by 20 percent and further increase air circulation. That addresses one of the prime concerns gamers have with a slim design for a gaming laptop.
Gaming keyboard with Aura RGB lighting, Touchpad with 10-key functionality
The keyboard is positioned at the front of the chassis on the Zephyrus — a design that provides a more comfortable and familiar experience for gamers accustomed to desktop keyboards while allowing better cooling of internal components. ASUS Aura RGB lighting technology provides dynamic and customizable lighting effects over the entire keyboard, as well as separately highlighted customizable effects for the WASD and QWER key groups, allowing users to create a game specific ambience. Another feature for the keyboard are anti-ghosting keys, which ensure commands are correctly and immediately interpreted — even when up to 30 keys are pressed simultaneously. Zephyrus positions the touchpad to the right of the keyboard and also integrates a 10-key function that is easily activated by a hot key. When activated, a red backlight illuminates the 10-key functionality.
Visuals and Connectivity
Packing a 120Hz display and NVIDIA G-SYNC display technology, frame drops are not a concern one can have with this device. Wide viewing angles and a 100 percent sRGB color gamut also allow the panel to produce amazing colours with little angular distortion. The laptop is also equipped with a USB Type-C™ (USB-C™) port with Thunderbolt™ 3, allowing G-SYNC and 4K UHD display output, fast data transfers and power delivery.
Check out the specification below:
- Processor- Intel® Core™ I7-7700HQ
- Operating system- Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Professional
- Display-15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) wide-view panel with anti-glare
- 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC™
- Graphics- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080
- Chipset- Intel® HM175
- Memory & storage- DDR4 2400MHz (up to 24GB) M.2 PCIe® x4 256/512GB/1TB SSD
- Wireless- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Connectivity- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ with Thunderbolt™ 3
- 4 x USB 3.1
- 1 x HDMI 2.0
- 1 x 3.5mm headphone and mic combo jack
- Camera- Built-in HD camera and array mic
- Keyboard- ASUS Aura RGB backlit chiclet keyboard with 30-key rollover; 1.4mm key travel
- Battery- 4 cell, 50Wh
- Size- 37.9 x 26.2 x 1.69cm (W x D x H)
- Weight- 2.2 kg (with battery)
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India