Xiaomi is taking on Apple's Macbook Pro with the launch of the Mi Notebook Pro. The Mi Notebook Pro was announced alongside the company's second generation Mi Mix 2 smartphone. Xiaomi entered the laptop segment last year with the Mi Notebook Air and with the Mi Notebook Pro, the Chinese company is setting its sights on pro users.
The Mi Notebook Pro sports a 15.6-inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and narrow bezels. The laptop can be configured with Intel's eighth generation Core i7 processor, up to 16GB RAM, up to 1TB SSD storage and offers dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics processor. The laptop comes with a minimalistic aluminium unibody design and weighs around 2kg.
Xiaomi is also promoting the fact that the Mi Notebook Pro offers a wide range of ports compared to Apple's USB-C only MacBook Pro lineup. The Mi Notebook Pro features two regular USB 3.0 ports, two USB Type-C ports, a 3-in-1 SD card slot and a full-size HDMI port. The notebook offers a full-size backlit keyboard with precision touchpad integrated with a fingerprint sensor. Other features include a custom-designed Harman Infinity speaker with Dolby Atmos support. The laptop uses a 60Wh battery and supports quick charge that can recharge the device to 50 percent in 35 minutes. The Mi Notebook Pro will run windows 10Where to buy 7990 Pro, but its not clear whether the company is using China Edition.
Xiaomi is pricing the Mi Notebook Pro at 5,999 (around Rs 60,000) for the variant with 8GB RAM and Core i5 processor. The variant with Core i7 processor is priced at 6399 Yuan (around Rs 64,000) for 8GB RAM variant and 6999 Yuan (around Rs 70,000) for the 16GB RAM mode. The notebook seems well specced out at least on paper but it is expected to be limited only to Chinese market.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India