It was rumored that Microsoft could soon be rebranding it's Windows 10S operating system as a Windows 10S mode. The plans to do so now have been confirmed by Microsoft’s VP Joe Belfiore who revealed this information while replying back to a tweet by PCWorld’s Senior Editor Mark Hachman. Windows 10S was originally designed to counter the growing popularity of the Google’s Chrome OSWhere to buy 16858 19999 20000. The standalone operating system was launched last year to streamline the performance on entry-level hardware. Windows 10S provides a standard desktop-like experience, but the app ecosystem is limited to just the Microsoft store. Microsoft also claims to offer better battery life on devices powered by the same. However, all this hasn't changed anything in terms of market share for Windows and that is what Mark Hachman was pointing to in his tweet.
While with Joe Belfiore confirming the upcoming change, there are still a few things which are still not known. Previous rumors suggest that the S Mode will be available for Windows Home, Pro and Enterprise users. Belfiore has confirmed that users will be able to upgrade from the Windows 10Where to buy 7990 Home S to Home for free, but the Pro S users might need to pay $49 for upgrading to Pro.
It is also rumored that the Microsoft will allow Antivirus and security apps to run on the S-Mode, which opens the conversation on whether Microsoft will allow third apps to run on the Window S Mode in some extended capacity? It is still hard to tell what the S-mode will bring with it in 2019, but we are expected to some clarity during the Microsoft build conference in May this year.
Chromebooks own U.S. (Q4: 59.6% share; 2017: 58.3% share) but Windows owns the world at large (Q4: 47.5% share, 2017: 43.5% share). Apple's iPads generally make up the rest, but their share is declining. (Source: FutureSource)
No specific mention of Windows 10Where to buy 7990 S that I see. https://t.co/CwRWEx9JV9 — Mark Hachman (@markhachman) March 6, 2018
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India