Samsung has announced the release of a new 9 Series notebook scheduled for February 2011, taking on the razor sharp MacBook Air for a fight in the ridiculous ultra-thin form factor category. Incorporating a Duralumin body, it is said to be both lightweight and durable, weighing less than three pounds. The sleek and stylish design is reminiscent of the MacBook Air with its ultra-thin (0.64-inch) form-factor, and it is well complemented by the powerful Intel Core i5 processor.
Samsung 9 Series notebook includes the following key specifications:
- [RELATED_ARTICLE]CPU: Second Generation Intel Core i5 Processor 2537M (1.40 GHz, 3MB; turbo up to 2.3 GHz)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) / Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
- Memory: 4GB DDR3
- Hard drive: 128GB Solid State Drive
- Screen: 13.3-inch HD LED-backlit SuperBright Plus display (400 nits)
- Screen resolution: 1366x768
- Graphics: Intel HD GT2 integrated graphics
- Speakers: 3 watt (1.5W x 2) stereo speakers and 1.5 watt sub-woofer
- Battery: Lithium polymer; up to 6.5 hours backup
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n; WiMax
- Weight: 2.89 pounds
The Samsung 9 series notebooks are scheduled to be released in February 2011 at a starting price of $1,599. Samsung retailers and distributors could be contacted on the toll free number: 1-800-Samsung or by visiting the official website: www.samsung.com.