Apple's long rumored 12-inch Macbook Air has a "radically new" body that's much thinner and narrower than the 11-inch MacBook Air, a higher resolution display and features a Type C USB port.
According to a report, the new MacBook Air has been completely redesigned and is approximately a quarter-of-an-inch narrower than the 11-inch version, but also a quarter-of-an-inch taller to accommodate the slightly larger display. The bezels on the display has been reduced on all sides in order to fit the larger screen in a smaller body like that of the 11 inch model. The laptop has a tapered, teardrop-like design, with four redesigned speaker grills above the keyboard that work as ventilation holes also.
The new keyboard sits edge to edge across the laptop and the keys are placed closer together, in order to make the laptop as narrow as possible. Apple has also changed the trackpad making it a little taller and it does not have the same clicking effect as found in earlier models.
Apple is also leaving the standards MagSafe connectors, full-sized USB ports and SD card slots in favour of smaller Type C USB ports. According to the report, the new Type C USB ports are placed on the left side while the right side has dual-microphones for input and noise-canceling and a standard headphone jack.
The new USB Type-C connector is smaller and faster than the standard USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and can also charge laptops. Similar to Apple lightening connector, it is reversible, making standard MagSafe plugs unnecessary.
According to reports Apple is already nearly production for the MacBook Air and is expected to be launched in mid-2015. The new MacBook Air may come in the new space grey color seen its latest iOS devices and on some Macs.
Source: 9To5 Mac
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India