Microsoft has been headed this way over the past few years. First it made the Surface tablet, calling it the tablet that replaces laptops. This was followed by the Surface Book and then the Surface Studio, and today the company has finally unveiled its own laptop. As rumours said earlier, it’s called the Surface Laptop and it has a 13.5 inch Pixelsense display, with 3:2 aspect ratio. The Surface LaptopWhere to buy 147797 329463 449999 will run on the company's new Windows 10S operating system, but with the option to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
The laptop seems to be a “hinged” version of the Surface tablet itself. Microsoft says its keyboard has 1.5mm key travel and the company seems to have used the same Typecover keyboard as that device, but not one that detaches. The device runs on on Intel’s Core i5 and i7 Kaby Lake processor and offers up to 1TB PCI-e SSD storage. On the ports front, the Surface LaptopWhere to buy 147797 329463 449999 sports a mini-DisplayPort, a USB-A port and Microsoft's proprietary power connector that you may have seen on other Surface devices.
Most importantly, Microsoft claims the laptop will run for over 14.5 hours and took the opportunity to mention that it offers more battery life than “any Macbook” out there. The touchscreen display is compatible with the Surface Pen and Surface Dial as well, and the Dial can work contextually with different apps.
Lastly, the Surface LaptopWhere to buy 147797 329463 449999 weighs about 1.2kg and is 9.9mm thick, putting it amongst the thin and light ultrabooks out there, but not really a head turner. The device starts at $999 and there’s no word on whether or when it will come to India.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India