IFA 2012 truly has turned out to be an exposition of Windows 8 devices, from touch ultrabooks to tablets, and all-in-one PCs. So far, we’ve had Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung and Sony showcasing their Windows 8 products, and now we have Toshiba joining their ranks. It certainly looks like Microsoft’s new OS is being embraced across form factors by manufacturers, giving consumers a plethora of options, releasing soon after Windows 8’s October release dates.
Toshiba has unveiled four Windows 8Where to buy 1721 2100 offerings at IFA 2012, the Toshiba Satellite U295t laptop-tablet hybrid, the Satellite U945 and P845 ultrabooks, and the Satellite S955 ultraportable laptop. All four products are expected to launch shortly after Windows 8, in October.
The Windows 8-based Toshiba Satellite U295t laptop-tablet hybrid (seen below) is expected to be priced more than $1,000. Featuring a 12.5-inch Gorilla Glass touchscreen, the 0.8-inch thick Satellite U295t is complete with a full-size slide-out keyboard, and backlit keys. It runs on a Core i5 processor, coupled with Intel HD 4000 graphics and a 128GB SSD for storage. For now, memory specs remain a mystery.
Other features include Intel's WiDi, USB 3.0 and HDMI ports, and a 3.5mm audio jack. Custom Windows 8Where to buy 1721 2100 features include Desktop Assist (Toshiba’s replacement for Start Menu), and, exclusive Live Tile functionality for Toshiba Central, Book Place and Toshiba App Place.
The first of the new ultrabooks, the 14-inch Satellite U945 will run on a choice of an Ivy Bridge Core i3 or i5 processor. 0.78-inch thick, the Satellite U945 bears a 500GB hard drive, paired with a 32GB SSD cache. It features two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, an Ethernet port, and an HDMI port.
The 14-inch Satellite P845t ultrabook runs on a choice of Core i3 and i5 CPUs, coupled with 6GB of RAM. It features a 750GB hard disk, an HDMI port, three USB 3.0 ports, an Ethernet port, and Intel WiDi. Other features include a 14-inch 1,366x768 pixel display, Harman Kardon sound, as well as Sleep-and-Charge and Sleep-and Music functionality.
The ultraportable 15-inch Satellite S955 laptop (seen below) comes with a choice of Ivy Bridge Core i5 processor or AMD A8 APU. Customers can configure the S955 with up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 750GB of hard drive storage. Other features include a Sleep-and-Charge port, two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, an HDMI port, an Ethernet port, an optical drive, and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India