HP, among many products, launched a compact notebook - the Pavilion 11 TouchSmart. This notebook is aimed at someone who wants the ease of carrying out, while not missing out on the productivity aspect.
The machine gets an 11.6-inch display, which has the 10-point touchscreen to enjoy Windows 8 with. The Pavilion 11 TouchSmart is powered by the AMD A4-1250 APU, clocking at 1GHz, and is paired with 4GB of RAM.
We got the chance to use this product for a while at the event, and here are some initial impressions.
- There is no running away from the small form factor. This 11.6-inch machine is aimed at someone who aspires for a lightweight and compact, but full-fledged laptop. Essentially, someone who wants a MacBook Air, but costing a lot less.
- Excellent build quality, with the combination of metal and plastic blending together seamlessly.
- The 11.6-inch screen is slightly on the reflective side, and that can make viewing a tad tough in unevenly lit environments. However, once you have the brightness level set to where you want it to be, the usage will be comfortable in terms of readability and enjoying multimedia.
- There is full 10-point gesture support for the touchscreen, making it easy to use Windows 8 via the touchscreen, if you so wish to do that.
- The keyboard is comfortable to use, and the typing experience is precise. However, the lack of palm-rest area is something that will take getting used to.
- The lid has the silver finish, while the keyboard deck gets a slightly shiny black finish. The same on the bezel around the display as well, and these will demand regular cleaning.
- The machine comes preloaded with Windows 8.
HP has priced the Pavilion 11 TouchSmart notebook at Rs. 31,990, and we believe it can be a winner at that price. We will have a detailed review of the product soon. In the meantime, you can check out some product shots.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India