Google is set to launch two new smartphones - Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL alongside the Google Home Mini smart speaker, updated Daydream VR headset and a high end chrome osWhere to buy 16858 19999 20000 notebook called Pixelbook at an event in San Francisco later today. While features and specifications of the upcoming Pixel phones have leaked, now we have more information about the Pixelbook.
Droid Life had earlier reported that the Pixelbook will be a high-end convertible Chromebook with support for a stylus. The convertible notebook is seen as the successor to the Chromebook Pixel, the first high end computing device from the company. Now, a reseller's inventory page has shed more details on its specifications and variants.
According to reseller Synnex, the new Pixelbook will come in three different variants and will be powered by the same Intel Core i5 processor, reports 9to5Google. It is not immediately clear whether Google is opting for 7th Generation Core processors or the latest 8th generation chipset. The listing reveals Pixelbook will be available in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB storage options and might offer different RAM configurations.
The Pixelbook is expected to feature a 12.3-inch display, down from the 12.85-inch display found on Chromebook Pixel models. The Pixelbook is rumoured to retail in the $1199 (around Rs 78,500) and $1,749 (Rs 1,14,500) price range. The Pixelbook is said to accompany a $99 stylus called Pixelbook Pen with tilt support. The listing suggests Google's Pixelbook could be a competitor to the Microsoft Surface Pro.
The Synnex listing also shows another device called "Google Clips", which could be a new hardware device. The device is categorised as a computer accessory and is speculated to be a either a wearable or a camera device. The listing also shows a refreshed Google Daydream View headset expected to arrive in grey, blue and red colours.
Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, on the other hand, are expected to launch at a starting price of $649 and $849 respectively. The Pixel 2 is said to go on sale from October 19, while the Pixel 2 XL could be available from November 5. Analysts believe that Google must improve its sales and distribution of Pixels in order to succeed against Samsung and Apple in the smartphone space.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India