As always at Computex, exhibitor's booths have this secret back room where only a few are invited. Yes, we're talking about the "NDA room" where products that the company does not yet wish to reveal are showcased to a select few members of the media. When you enter you are first greeted by a big "no photography" sign board and a bevy of interesting products lined up along the wall.
Apart from sneaking into CoolerMaster's NDA room we were also invited to preview a few products from ZOTAC. While we are not allowed to reveal too many details, ZOTAC has quite a few interesting products in store. One of them is the ZBOX VIA Nano. This little device, the size of a small box of Ferrero Rocher, is the non blu-ray iteration of the ZBOX (which we had seen some months back sporting the AMD E350 chipset) is an entire PC in one small package. True to its name, the ZBOX Nano is really tiny but comes with a number of conectivity options such as four USB ports (2.0 and 3.0), HDMI output, Ethernet, eSata, DisplayPort, an SD card slot and other connections.
The ZBOX Nano ships without an HDD but you can easily open up the device and add a laptop HDD. Speaking of internals, there are two versions of the Nano: One is based on the AMD Fusion APU while the other has a VIA chipset. The VIA one is the budget option. The Nano will come with a media center remote and the price is likely to be in the sub Rs.10,000 range.
There was also the steroid injected version of the ZBOX (probably called XL) which features a GeForce GTX 480M integrated graphics. The last thing showcased in this enclave was a "HDMI wi-fi" technology for streaming HD content wirelessly to a screen from the ZBOX. But we doubt whether they'll name it that though. Let's wait and watch.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India