Apple just announced its 2016 MacBook Pro with refreshed design and Touch Bar, but a renowned Apple analyst already has info on what's in store for 2017. Apple is reportedly planning both a hardware upgrade and price cut for 2017 Macbook Pro range.
According to a report by KGI securities' Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple will announce a price cut for the MacBook Pro series next year. Kuo says Apple tends to overprice MacBooks at the start of a new generation followed by a price drop next year. He predicts Apple Macbook Pro will become mainstream once the market for USB-C port matures and the Touch Bar makes new mode of interaction.
Kuo also anticipates Apple to introduce new MacBook Pro in the second half of 2017 with support for 32GB RAM. The top of the line 2016 MacBook Pro can only be configured with 16GB RAM and Apple Executive Phil Schiller has clarified the lack of 32GB RAM option as a move to improve the battery efficiency.
With the new MacBook Pro, Apple has opted for sixth generation Skylake based Intel Core processor and Kuo believes Apple's upgrade next year is dependent on Intel's Cannonlake CPU. Intel's Cannonlake brings support for LPDDR4 memory option which consumes 15 to 25 percent less power.
Kuo predicts if Intel fails to launch Cannonlake on time, Apple will opt for Coffeelake CPU based on Icelake architecture to better optimise the power. With the launch of new MacBook Pro range, Apple has almost killed the MacBook Air series. Recently in an exclusive interview with CNET, Apple design chief Jony Ive said MacBook Pro's Touch Bar is just the beginning of a very interesting direction. Apple's MacBook Pro has been met with mixed reactions with most criticising Apple for the hike in price.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India