After a flurry of new laptops at IFA 2016, Dell’s Alienware division has taken to PAX 2016, to announce its new devices. The biggest upgrade this year comes in the form of VR support on all variants. All three models, including the Alinware 13, 15 and 17 will support the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive VR headsets. The newly announced Dell Alienware 15 and 17 will be powered by the sixth generation HK processors. As for availability, these two will be available from September 30,while the Alienware 13 starts shipping in November. Dell hasn't spoken on the pricing and India availability of the laptops at the moment.
Like the Acer Predator 21X, the new Alienware 17 also incorporates Tobii eye tracking technology, which allows for Windows Hello security allowing the laptop to lock when the user moves away from it. Dell has also added a feature called “Wake on Gaze” to the 17-inch Alienware laptop. This allows users to wake the system up by just looking at the Alienware logo. This eye tracking technology also enables Alienware to provide intelligent keyboard backlighting, lighting up only the part of the keyboard the user is interested in.
The top of the line Alienware 17 laptop features an Intel Core i7 6820HK processor, which is dynamically overclocked up to 4.1GHz. It can be configured to have an 8GB AMD Radeon RX470, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, or a 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. The laptop can also accommodate an 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, but that configuration will be launched in November. The base model will feature 8GB of DDR4 RAM, clocked at 2400MHz and can be configured to up to 32GB. Various storage options are available including a mix of a 1TB PCIe boot drive plus 1TB PCIe storage drive, in addition to the 1TB 7200RPM HDD drive.
The Alienware 15Where to buy 127990 will be powered by the same 6th gen Intel Core i7 chip as the 17-inch model. RAM, storage and GPU configurations are also pretty much the same as the Alienware 17, with the exception of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, which is not available on the 15-inch device.
As for Alienware 13, the company hasn't announced any specifics but it will be powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and will be available with a 10 series NVIDIA GPU. The Alienware 13 will feature an OLED display, with a response time of 1ms, but the rest of the specifications are still under wraps.
All three laptops are made using carbon fibre, magnesium alloy and anodized aluminum. The company claims that they'll offer 7 hours of battery life. These new machines will also support Alienware's graphics amplifier, which will allows users to attach desktop class GPUs to their laptops.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India