At CES this year, Acer has taken the covers off of its all-new Swift 7 and Nitro 5 Gaming laptops. The new Swift 7 laptop takes back its crown for the thinnest laptop available today as the machine is just 8.98mm thick. The design of the laptop has been completely updated from last year and the thinner bezels on the sides and top are much welcomed.
While the design looks good, the hardware inside the Acer Swift 7Where to buy 76990 97500 is still last gen as the laptop is powered by a 7th gen Intel Core i7 processor. You get 8GB of LPDDR3 RAM and a 256GB PCIe SSD storage. That said, Acer is announcing an LTE version of the machine as well. The Acer Swift 7 is using Intel’s new built-in XMM modem. The Acer Swift 7 also support nano-SIMs as well as extends support for the e-SIM technology.
Jerry Kao, President of IT Products Business of Acer Inc, said, "We're extremely proud to make the world's thinnest laptop even thinner with the new Swift 7Where to buy 76990 97500. Building on the engineering breakthroughs from the previous generation, the new Swift 7 steps up the game with an even slimmer chassis, powerful performance and always-on 4G LTE connectivity for professionals on the go."
The Acer Swift 7Where to buy 76990 97500 has an all aluminum chassis and sports a 14-inch Full HD resolution. With a starting price of $1699 (Rs 1,07,700 approximately), the Acer Swift 7 will be going against the likes of the Dell XPS 13 (2018) and the Lenovo Yoga 920. Both of which are powered by a newer Intel processors and are available with higher resolution touch-screen displays.
Acer also announced an all-new variant of the popular Nitro 5 Gaming laptop along with the Swift 7Where to buy 76990 97500. The new machine is powered by an AMD Ryzen mobile processors and features Radeon RX560 graphics. The laptop now come with 32GB DDR4 RAM and uses a single 512GB SSD for storage. The display is again a 15.6-inch IPS LCD display and we expect it to be a 60Hz panel, like the current gen variant. The design of the laptop has also been altered as the laptop now has a mesh carbon fiber pattern instead of the brushed aluminum look.
On the launch, Jerry Hou, General Manager, Consumer Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc, said, “With performance to effortlessly power mainstream titles, the Acer Nitro 5 houses essential technologies that casual gamers value most. We’ve developed the Nitro 5 knowing that gamers want powerful specs to enable great experiences on the go. The new Nitro 5 is designed to tackle these needs and features a striking exterior for added uniqueness.”
The laptop however still misses out on a fingerprint scanner or a Windows Hello enabled camera. The Acer Nitro 5 Gaming (AMD) will be available in April at prices will start at $799 (Rs 50,650 approximately)
Another laptop announced by Acer is the new Acer Spin 3, which unlike the Swift 7 does come with an 8th gen Intel Core processor. It has a 15.6-inch display in a smaller 14-inch chassis, thanks to thinner bezels. Acer hasn't released all the details about the Spin 3, but prices start at as low as $599 and the laptop will be available in the market by February 2018.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptopsFirst Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India