Chinese telecom giant, ZTE is working on 5G technology products and expects to launch a prototype by 2015. 5G technology promises better connections to meet the increasing number of mobile Internet users.
ZTE, which is China's second largest telecom equipment manufacturer, has already started working on 5G devices and standards, its senior vice president (wireless business) Xu Huijun stated in a recent interview.
"ZTE has already invested a lot on 5G in terms of product designs. By 2015, we should have the first prototype of 5G network equipment to ensure that we are among the first vendors to launch the fifth generation network commercially in the international market," Xu added.
Apart from ZTE, European Union is working with South Korea to jointly research the next generation of mobile broadband technology. South Korea has one of the fastest mobile broadband networks and Europe was a pioneer in GSM technology in the 1990s, but fell behind the United States and Asia in the 4G connections rollout. The 5G technology will help improve mobile communications, create jobs and lead to growth at a time when Europe is slowly pulling itself out of recession.
"5G will become the new lifeblood of the digital economy and digital society once it is established," Neelie Kroes, the EU commissioner for telecoms, said in a statement on Monday.
Nokia recently demonstrated 4G speeds of 3.78 gigabits per second at the Mobile Asia Expo (MAE) in Shanghai and stated that the speed offered is 400 times faster than any 4G options in India. Currently, India has the slowest average internet speed among all countries in the Asia Pacific region. The new technology will allow users to download a high-definition movie in just six seconds, while with 4G technology, it takes approximately six minutes. According to reports earlier this year, the Indian government is working with Israel for 5G technology.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet