Google is testing Material Design for YouTube and anyone can try it out. However, in order to check out the new design, users will have to tinker a little bit with the site’s developer controls. With the new design update, the website has a flatter, and more colourful interface with an emphasis on visuals and icons. Reddit user, giorgiomarinel, posted instructions of how to enable Material Design for YouTube on Chrome. To try out the new design, users will have to either logout of YouTube or use Incognito Mode.
- Visit www.youtube.com/?gl=US
- Once the site open, users will have to open developer tools by pressing ctrl + shift + i
- In the developer tools, navigate to the ‘Resources’, select ‘Cookies’, and then delete ‘VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE’ in the ‘youtube’ section
- Users then to to go to the ‘Console’ tab and paste this command: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=Qa1hUZu3gtk;path=/;domain=.youtube.com";
- Reload the page
Google introduced Material Design with the launch of Android Lollipop v5.0. Since then, The company has updated many of its apps such as Google Play, and Search to the new design language. YouTube also updated its app with a revamped design and improved recommendations. The updated app now offers relevant, personalised recommendations thanks to deep neural network technology. The company said that this technology will automatically find patterns and will learn from usage, thereby improving itself.
Above: YouTube with Material Design
Above: YouTube without Materal Design
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet