Google has made it easier to go live on YouTube. While the YouTube mobile app already offers an option to initiate live stream, it was missing from the desktop website. Now, YouTube has enabled the 'Go Live' option on Chrome browser. While this is certainly good news for YouTube creators, the live streaming option on PCs is only available through the Chrome browser for now. YouTube says the option will be expanding to other browsers soon.
To initiate a YouTube Live Stream from Chrome, users will have to click on the ‘Create’ button at the top right corner of the screen. Users will then see an option to ‘Go Live’ or ‘Upload Video’. The website will then use the available camera/webcam to start the live stream. Alternatively, users can directly head to this link to start their YouTube livestream through Google Chrome. Creators who tested early versions of the desktop tool have been using it for live beauty tutorials, fan updates and product reviews.
YouTube Live on Google Chrome
In addition, Google also wants to make YouTube Live more popular by baking it straight into the select smartphone camera apps. Google will partner with Asus, LG, Motorola, Nokia and Samsung to make the YouTube Live option available within the camera apps of their smartphones. “Our goal is to bring this feature to even more device manufacturers throughout the year through the new YouTube Mobile Live deep link,” says a YouTube blogpost.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet